Servings: 6 to 8 Prep 20 mins Cook 4 hrs
- 2 1 pounds pork tenderloins
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup apricot spreadable fruit or low-sugar apricot jam
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup strips assorted-color sweet peppers
- Red, green, and/or yellow flour tortillas
- Shredded cheddar cheese, salsa, guacamole, and/or light sour cream
1. Season pork with salt and pepper. Place pork in a 4-quart slow cooker. In a bowl stir together barbecue sauce, spreadable fruit, and onion; pour over pork. Add peppers. Cover; cook on low-heat setting for 4 hours or on high-heat setting for 2 hours (pork temperature should be at least 160 degree F.).
2. Remove pork and cut up; shred with forks. Stir pork back into mixture in cooker. Serve in flour tortillas topped with cheese, salsa, guacamole, and/or sour cream. Makes 6 to 8 servings.
Tip Stovetop Method:
For Easy Cleanup:
- Prepare as above, except place pork in a large deep skillet. Add barbecue sauce mixture to the skillet along with peppers. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 45 to 60 minutes or until meat is tender. Cut up and shred pork, return to sauce, and serve as above.
- Line your slow cooker with a disposable slow cooker liner. Add ingredients as directed in recipe. Once your dish is finished cooking, spoon the food out of your slow cooker and simply dispose of the liner. Do not lift or transport the disposable liner with food inside.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 291, Fat, total (g): 5, chol. (mg): 49, sat. fat (g): 1, carb. (g): 39, Monounsaturated fat (g): 1, Polyunsaturated fat (g): , Trans fatty acid (g): , fiber (g): 2, sugar (g): 11, pro. (g): 20, vit. A (IU): 97, vit. C (mg): 13, Thiamin (mg): 1, Riboflavin (mg): , Niacin (mg): 5, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg): 1, Folate (µg): 4, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg): , sodium (mg): 460, Potassium (mg): 354, calcium (mg): 111, iron (mg): 2, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.