Servings: 10 Prep 20 mins Cook 30 mins Marinate 1 hr or overnight Broil 20 mins
- 1 pound purple plums (about 5), pitted and cut into chunks
- 1 small onion, quartered
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped peeled fresh ginger
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper flakes
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 pork tenderloins (about 2 pounds total)
Make It Plum Ketchup:
1. In processor, process plums, onion, garlic and ginger until finely chopped. In saucepan, combine plum mixture, sugar, vinegar, cinnamon, salt and pepper flakes. Simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally, 30 minutes, until thickened (about 2 cups). Remove to bowl; let cool. Pork:
2. Place 1 cup plum ketchup in large plastic food-storage bag. Refrigerate remainder. Add soy and pork to bag. Refrigerate 1 hour or overnight, turning occasionally.
3. Heat broiler. Remove pork from marinade; place on broiler-pan rack. Broil 4 inches from heat 18 to 20 minutes, turning twice, basting with marinade, until 160 degrees F. Let rest 10 minutes. Slice; serve warm or chilled, with ketchup. Makes 10 servings.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 10; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 226, Fat, total (g): 4, chol. (mg): 54, sat. fat (g): 1, carb. (g): 28, fiber (g): 1, pro. (g): 20, sodium (mg): 439, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.