Servings: 4 Prep 30 mins Bake 425°F 20 mins to 30 mins
- 2 pork tenderloins (3/4 to 1 pound each)
Green Mole Sauce:
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium-size onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 canned green chili
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley leaves
- 1/4 cup shelled sunflower seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Place tenderloins on rack in shallow roasting pan.
2. Roast in preheated 450 degree F oven 20 to 30 minutes or until internal temperature registers 160 degrees F on a meat thermometer. Do not overcook. Green Mole Sauce:
3. Heat oil in medium-size skillet over medium heat. Add onion, garlic and cumin; cook until onion is tender, about 3 minutes. Place in food processor or blender with chili, cilantro, parsley, sunflower seeds, salt, broth and water. Whirl until pureed (mixture will be slightly grainy). Return the mixture to the skillet; simmer, stirring occasionally, 20 minutes until slightly thickened. Stir in lime juice.
4. To serve, slice meat; accompany with warm sauce. Makes 4 servings.
Make Ahead Tip
- The sauce can be prepared a day ahead and refrigerated, covered. Gently reheat the sauce in a small saucepan.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 197, Fat, total (g): 9, chol. (mg): 73, carb. (g): 3, pro. (g): 26, sodium (mg): 281, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.