Servings: 4 Prep 20 mins Cook 45 mins
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 pounds loin pork chops, 3/4-inch thick (1-3/4 pounds total)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, cut in 1/4-inch wedges
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 cups apple juice OR: cider
- 2 cans (14 ounces each) sauerkraut, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 3/4 pound red new potatoes, cut in quarters
- 1 large red baking apple, cored and cut into 1/4-inch wedges
1. Spread flour on waxed paper. Coat both sides of pork chops with flour.
2. Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chops; brown 3 minutes on each side. Remove chops.
3. Add onion, salt and pepper to skillet; saute 1 minute. Add apple juice, sauerkraut and caraway seeds; mix well. Add potatoes; place pork chops on top. Cover; reduce heat to medium-low; simmer 30 minutes. Add apple wedges. Simmer, covered, 10 minutes or until apple is tender and pork is cooked through. Makes 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 444, Fat, total (g): 16, chol. (mg): 87, sat. fat (g): 4, carb. (g): 41, fiber (g): 10, pro. (g): 34, sodium (mg): 1611, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.