Piney tasting rosemary is delicious with pork. Garlic, lemon, and thyme also add their nuances to this savory roast pork recipe.
1. Heat oven to 450 degrees F.
2. Mix together garlic, chopped fresh rosemary, grated lemon rind, salt, pepper, dried thyme, lemon juice and half the oil in a small bowl. Using your hands, rub the seasoning mixture over the top and sides of pork.
3. Spoon remaining olive oil into flame-proof roasting pan; spread evenly over bottom of pan. Place pork in pan.
4. Roast pork in 450 degrees F oven for 30 minutes. Lower oven temperature to 350 degrees F. Roast for 30 minutes or until instant-read meat thermometer inserted in center registers 160 degrees F. Remove pork from pan to cutting board. Let rest 15 minutes.Gravy:
5. Pour off all but 2 tablespoons fat from roasting pan. Sprinkle flour evenly over drippings in pan. Place pan over medium-high heat; cook for 1 minute, scrapping up browned bits from bottom of pan. Stir in broth mixture; cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until thickened. Strain gravy through fine-mesh sieve. Pour into a sauceboat and serve with sliced pork.