- 1 can (15 ounces) yellow or white hominy, drained
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) Mexican-style diced tomatoes
- 1 can (10 ounces) mild green enchilada sauce
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless pork loin
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Baked tortilla chips
- Diced avocado and lime wedges, optional
1. Combine the hominy, tomatoes, enchilada sauce, onion, garlic, and cumin in a 4-quart slow cooker. Top with pork, spooning hominy mixture over the meat. Cover and cook on high for 2 to 2-1/2 hours.
2. Place pork on a cutting board. Add cilantro and lime juice to the slow cooker. Coarsely chop pork; return to cooker, and stir well. Spoon into shallow bowls. Serve with tortilla chips, and if your family is a fan of avocado and lime wedges, include them too.
Tip For Easy Cleanup:
- Line your slow cooker with a disposable slow cooker liner. Add ingredients as directed in recipe. Once your dish is finished cooking, spoon the food out of your slow cooker and simply dispose of the liner. Do not lift or transport the disposable liner with food inside.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 332, Fat, total (g): 9, carb. (g): 31, fiber (g): 5, pro. (g): 29, sodium (mg): 461, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.