Servings: 4 Prep 10 mins Cook 15 mins
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 boneless pork chops (about 1/2 inch thick, 5 to 6 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup Ruby Port wine
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- Parmesan Potatoes (recipe follows)
1. Heat butter and oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Season pork with salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Add to skillet; cook 3 to 4 minutes per side or until internal temperature registers 160 degrees F.
2. Remove pork to platter; keep warm. Add port to skillet; cook 1 minute, scraping up any browned bits from bottom. Add broth, ketchup, remaining pepper and thyme; cook 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. While cooking meat and sauce, prepare Parmesan Potatoes.
4. Serve pork with Parmesan Potatoes. Spoon sauce over pork and potatoes.
- Instant mashed potatoes for 4 servings
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1. Prepare instant mashed potatoes according to package directions for 4 servings. Add minced onion to liquid. Stir in Parmesan just before serving.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 285, Fat, total (g): 19, chol. (mg): 82, sat. fat (g): 7, carb. (g): 2, fiber (g): , pro. (g): 26, sodium (mg): 413, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.