Servings: 4 Prep 20 mins Broil 14 mins to 16 mins
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried leaf thyme, crumbled
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 4 pork chops, about 3/4 inch thick
Hot Pineapple Salsa:
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 can (16 ounces) black-eyed beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/3 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
1. Preheat oven to broil.
2. Combine oil, pepper, thyme and lemon juice in a small bowl. Brush evenly on both sides of pork chops. Prepare Hot Pineapple Salsa:
3. Combine the pineapple, beans, sweet red pepper, onion, jalapeno pepper, parsley, salt and cumin in a medium-size saucepan. Place over medium heat until heated through, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes.
4. Place pork chops on broiler-pan rack. Broil 6 inches from heat for 14 to 16 minutes, turning once, or until cooked through and meat is no longer pink in center.
5. Serve pork chops with warm pineapple salsa and steamed carrots on the side if you wish. Makes 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 433, Fat, total (g): 12, chol. (mg): 71, carb. (g): 51, pro. (g): 33, sodium (mg): 333, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.