1. Place potatoes in a large pot and cover with cold water. Add 1 teaspoon of the salt. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium and simmer for 15 minutes or until tender.
2. Heat milk and butter in a small saucepan until butter is melted.
3. Drain potatoes and return to pot. Add the milk mixture and the remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and mash potatoes until smooth. Keep warm.Pork Chops:
4. While potatoes are cooking, place the pork chops between plastic wrap on a flat work surface. Pound with a mallet or rolling pin to 1/2-inch thickness. Season the pork chops with 1/4 teaspoon of the salt and the black pepper. Coat in the flour, shaking off any excess.
5. Heat 12-inch nonstick saute pan or skillet briefly over medium-high heat; add butter. When it sizzles, add the chops and saute for 2 minutes per side. Remove chops and keep warm.
6. Add the onion to the skillet and cook for 2 minutes, stirring until golden (do not let burn). Add the curry powder and cook for 1 minute. Add the apple cider, chopped apple, chutney, ginger and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt. Bring to a simmer and simmer 1 minute. Add the chops back into the skillet; simmer, uncovered, over medium heat for 2 minutes, turning halfway through cooking.
7. Serve the pork chops and chutney sauce with the mashed potatoes. Makes 4 servings.