Servings: 4 Prep 15 mins Cook 25 mins total Grill 8 mins
- 1 package (about 6 ounces) long grain & wild rice mix
- 1/2 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1 jar (12 ounces) apricot preserves
- 1/3 cup bourbon
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon red-pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 4 rib pork chops, 3/4 inch thick (about 8 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
Make It Rice:
1. Prepare rice mix following package directions. Fluff with fork; gently stir in the nuts and parsley. Sauce:
2. Meanwhile, in a medium-size saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and cook for 5 minutes. Off heat, stir in preserves, bourbon, vinegar, brown sugar, garlic salt, red-pepper flakes and ginger. Simmer 10 minutes, uncovered, stirring occasionally. Mix together cornstarch and 1 tablespoon water. Stir into saucepan; simmer for an additional minute. Remove from heat. Chops:
3. Prepare outdoor grill with medium-hot coals, or heat gas grill to medium-high.
4. Season pork chops with salt and pepper. Grill for 2 minutes per side. Reserve half of the sauce to serve on the side. Liberally brush both sides of chops with the remaining sauce and grill for 2 additional minutes per side.
5. Serve chops with rice. Serve remaining sauce on the side. Makes 4 servings.
- Sauce can be refrigerated until ready to use or up to 1 week.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 758, Fat, total (g): 21, chol. (mg): 71, sat. fat (g): 4, carb. (g): 107, fiber (g): 3, pro. (g): 34, sodium (mg): 925, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.