Kids will love the mashed potato pancakes that are served with the pesto-topped pork chops.
1. Heat broiler. Coat broiler pan with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Heat prepared mashed potatoes following package directions. In a large bowl, stir together potatoes and shredded cheese blend. Form into 8 pancakes, about a scant 1/3 cup each. Place on a parchment or waxed paper lined baking sheet and freeze for at least 20 minutes or until pancakes are fairly firm.
3. Spread 1 teaspoon of prepared pesto over the top of each chop. Broil for 5 minutes, rotating pan halfway through cooking time. Turn chops over and spread 1 teaspoon of pesto over each. Broil an additional 4 to 5 minutes, rotating pan halfway through cooking time or until internal temperature reads 155 F. on an instant-read thermometer.
4. While pork chops cook, heat butter and oil in a large nonstick skillet over high heat. Place chilled potato pancakes in skillet and cook about 3 minutes per side or until nicely browned. Remove to warm platter.
5. Serve 2 potato pancakes with each chop.Note:
6. For a quick side dish, toss 1 pound cooked trimmed green beans with 1/4 cup prepared pesto. Sprinkle with a pinch of salt and pepper.