Servings: 10 Prep 15 mins Slow Cook 3 hours on HIGH or 6 hours on LOW
- 2 pounds pork loin, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup cilantro leaves
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 14 1/2 ounce can low-sodium chicken broth
- Zest and juice of one lime
- 1 7 1/2 ounce package soft corn tortillas
- Shredded romaine lettuce, sour cream and salsa (recipe at familycircle.com/salsa) (optional)
1. Combine pork, garlic, 1/3 cup cilantro leaves, onion, oregano, orange zest, salt and red pepper flakes in slow cooker bowl and pour broth over top so pork is mostly submerged. Cover and cook on HIGH for 3 hours or LOW for 6 hours or until pork is very tender.
2. Remove pork from slow cooker using a slotted spoon and let cool slightly. When cool, shred pork and stir together with 1/4 cup cilantro, lime zest and juice, and 1/2 cup cooking liquid. Serve in warmed tortillas with lettuce, sour cream and salsa, if desired.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 10; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 204, Fat, total (g): 6, chol. (mg): 50, sat. fat (g): 2, carb. (g): 16, fiber (g): 3, pro. (g): 22, sodium (mg): 524, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.