Servings: 6 Prep 10 mins Bake 375°F 10 mins Cook 30 mins
- 3 strips bacon, diced
- 3 large shallots, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 pound mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter
- 6 center-cut pork chops (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 6 slices Fontina cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
1. Cook bacon in large nonstick skillet 5 minutes. Add shallots and garlic; saute 5 minutes. Add mushrooms; saute until lightly browned, 6 minutes. Add broth, thyme, salt and pepper; cook 4 minutes, until liquid has evaporated. Transfer to plate; keep warm.
2. Heat butter in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chops; cook 3 minutes per side. Transfer to baking sheet. Top each with mushroom mixture and cheese.
3. Bake in heated 375 degree F oven 10 minutes or until instant-read thermometer reaches 160 degrees F. Sprinkle with parsley. Makes 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 370, Fat, total (g): 23, chol. (mg): 108, carb. (g): 7, pro. (g): 34, sodium (mg): 630, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.