Servings: 4 Prep 10 mins Slow Cook on HIGH for 4-1/2 hours or LOW for 7 hours
- 1 boneless pork loin roast (about 2-1/4 pounds)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 6 cups (about 1 pound) shredded red cabbage
- 1 pound very small baby red potatoes (halve larger ones)
- 2 Granny Smith apples, cored and cubed
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
1. Season pork with 1/4 teaspoon of the salt and the pepper.
2. Add the cabbage to a 6-quart slow cooker. Top with potatoes; spread apple cubes on top in an even layer. Add pork.
3. In a small bowl, whisk vinegar, wine, sugar, caraway seeds and allspice. Pour around meat. Cover. Cook on high heat for 4-1/2 hours, or on low heat for 7 hours.
4. Uncover cooker, and transfer pork to a cutting board. Cover loosely with foil and let rest 5 minutes. Season cabbage mixture with remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt. Test a potato with a fork. If tender, transfer cabbage mixture to a platter (leave most of the liquid in pot). Cut pork into thick slices; spread on top of cabbage. Serve warm, drizzled with cooking liquid.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 572, Fat, total (g): 10, chol. (mg): 176, sat. fat (g): 3, carb. (g): 57, fiber (g): 6, pro. (g): 62, sodium (mg): 651, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.