Servings: 8 Prep 25 mins Bake 6 mins to 8 mins Cook 450°F 5 mins
- 2 plum tomatoes, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 cup loosely packed fresh basil leaves
- 1 ready-to-use Italian pizza bread shell crust (about 1 pound)
- 3 medium tomatoes (about 1 pound), cored and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 pound fresh mozzarella cheese, diced
- 1/2 cup loosely packed basil leaves
- 6 cups green leaf lettuce pieces
- 1/2 package sliced pepperoni (about 28 slices)
1. Heat oven to 450 degrees F. Dressing:
2. Mix tomato, oil and garlic in small skillet or saucepan. Cook over medium-high heat 5 minutes, breaking apart tomato with spoon. Transfer to blender.
3. Add vinegar, salt, pepper, sugar and basil. Pulse to blend. Set dressing aside.
4. Place prepared pizza shell on rack in 450 degree F oven. Bake for 6 to 8 minutes or until shell is crisp and lightly browned. Salad:
5. Meanwhile, combine tomatoes, mozzarella, basil, lettuce and pepperoni in large bowl. Remove pizza shell from oven; slice into bite-sized pieces. Add pizza pieces to bowl; toss with dressing. Makes 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 8; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 335, Fat, total (g): 24, chol. (mg): 30, sat. fat (g): 7, carb. (g): 19, fiber (g): 2, pro. (g): 12, sodium (mg): 524, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.