For the family that can never agree on pizza toppings, try this recipe. There's something for everyone--pepperoni and roasted red pepper, mushroom and black olive, artichoke and Fontina, and ham and onion.
1. Position oven rack in lowest position. Heat oven to 450 degrees F. Crust: Mix flour, yeast, sugar and salt in bowl. Stir in very warm water and olive oil until dough forms. Turn dough out onto lightly floured surface. Knead 10 minutes. Cover; let rest 20 minutes.Seasoned Tomato Sauce:
2. Combine tomato sauce, garlic and Italian seasoning in small bowl.Herbed Ricotta:
3. Combine ricotta, parsley, basil and salt in small bowl.
4. Sprinkle pizza pan (15-3/4-inch) with cornmeal. Pat dough over pan, stretching and shaping to make 1/2-inch high rim around edge. Lightly score dough into quarters. Spread half of the Herbed Ricotta on each of 2 opposite quarters, and then half of the Seasoned Tomato Sauce on each of the other 2 quarters .Pepperoni and Red Pepper Topping:
5. Top one ricotta quarter with pepperoni and roasted red peppers, and then mozzarella.Mushroom and Black Olive Topping:
6. Sprinkle mushrooms and olives over a tomato quarter.Artichoke and Fontina Topping:
7. Sprinkle fontina and artichokes over other tomato quarter.Ham and Onion Topping:
8. Sprinkle ham and onion slices over other ricotta quarter. Top with mozzarella.
9. Bake pizza on bottom rack in 450 degrees F oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until heated through and crust is golden brown.
10. . Arrange basil over Mushroom and Black Olive Topping. Separate quarters with scallion greens.