Servings: 4 Prep 10 mins Cook 7 mins Slow Cook on HIGH for 3 hours
- 1/3 cup crushed pineapple
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon light-brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 bone-in pork chops, about 1 inch thick (about 2-1/2 pounds)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 large sweet red pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 1/2 cups fresh pineapple chunks, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 cups cooked white rice (optional)
1. In a small bowl, stir together crushed pineapple, ketchup, soy sauce, ginger and brown sugar; set aside.
2. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle pork with salt and pepper; cook 2 to 3 minutes per side. Place chops in slow cooker; top with red pepper. Pour in 2/3 cup ketchup mixture and cover; cook for 3 hours on HIGH.
3. Remove chops to a platter. Combine remaining ketchup mixture, cornstarch and pineapple chunks. Pour liquid from slow cooker into a saucepan; bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Whisk in ketchup mixture; cook 1 minute. Serve pork with sauce, and rice, if desired.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 524, Fat, total (g): 31, chol. (mg): 135, sat. fat (g): 10, carb. (g): 19, fiber (g): 2, pro. (g): 40, sodium (mg): 135, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.