Servings: 6 Prep 10 mins Cook 1 min to 2 mins
- 2 tomatoes (6 ounces each), seeded and chopped
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 ounces pepperoni slices, cut in strips
- 1 tablespoon seasoned bread crumbs
- 6 teaspoons prepared basil pesto
- 6 pita breads with pre-cut pockets (such as Kangaroo)
- Fresh basil
1. Pat chopped tomato dry with paper toweling. Place in a medium-size bowl along with mozzarella cubes, pepperoni strips and bread crumbs. Stir to combine.
2. Spread 1 teaspoon pesto on inside of each pita pocket. Spoon an equal amount of the tomato and mozzarella cheese mixture, about 2/3 cup, into each pita pocket.
3. Place upright in a small baking dish and microwave on high for 1 minute until warm.
4. Garnish with basil and serve immediately. Makes 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 299, Fat, total (g): 16, chol. (mg): 43, sat. fat (g): 8, carb. (g): 25, fiber (g): 1, pro. (g): 13, sodium (mg): 500, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.