Servings: 6 Prep 15 mins Cook 1 hr
- 1/4 pound bacon, chopped
- 2 russet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 ribs celery, diced
- 8 cups water
- 2 tablespoons instant chicken broth granules
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound dried split peas, picked over and rinsed
1. Cook bacon in large pot over medium heat for 5 minutes or until bacon is lightly browned. Remove bacon with slotted spoon to paper toweling.
2. Add potato, carrot and celery to bacon fat in pot; cook 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Add water, chicken broth granules and salt. Bring to boiling. Add split peas and reserved bacon. Reduce heat; simmer until split peas are tender, about 1 hour. If soup gets too thick, add more water as needed. Makes 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 273, Fat, total (g): 4, chol. (mg): 5, sat. fat (g): 1, carb. (g): 45, pro. (g): 17, sodium (mg): 1069, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.