Servings: 8 Prep 5 mins Cook 15 mins
- 1 box (1 pound) elbow macaroni
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups shredded extra-sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 can (4 ounces) diced green chiles, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon liquid hot-pepper sauce
- 1/4 pound thin-sliced ham, cut into 1/2-inch-wide strips
1. Cook elbow macaroni following directions.
2. Melt butter in heavy-bottomed saucepan over medium heat. Add flour; cook 2 minutes, whisking. Whisk in 1 cup of the milk. Gradually whisk in remaining milk, 1 cup at a time, until smooth. Add salt. Simmer, whisking, 2 minutes, until thickened. Remove from heat. Stir in cheese, chiles and pepper sauce.
3. Drain pasta; return to pot. Stir in cheese sauce. Add ham.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 8; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 438, Fat, total (g): 19, chol. (mg): 61, sat. fat (g): 11, carb. (g): 49, fiber (g): 2, pro. (g): 21, sodium (mg): 744, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.