Servings: 8 Prep 10 mins Slow Cook on HIGH for 3 hours or LOW for 6 hours
- 1 boneless pork loin roast (about 3 pounds), trimmed and cut in half lengthwise
- 2 large yellow peppers, seeded and sliced
- 1 medium-size onion, thinly sliced
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 tablespoon sliced pickled jalapenos
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups cooked white rice (optional)
1. Place pork in slow cooker bowl with peppers, onion, tomatoes, capers, cumin, cinnamon, garlic and jalapenos; stir to combine. Cover and cook on HIGH for 3 hours or LOW for 6 hours.
2. Remove pork from slow cooker. When cool enough to handle, shred pork into bite-size pieces; discard any excess fat. Combine pork with tomato mixture in slow cooker bowl; stir in salt. Serve with rice, if desired.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 8; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 283, Fat, total (g): 13, chol. (mg): 83, sat. fat (g): 5, carb. (g): 9, fiber (g): 2, pro. (g): 34, sodium (mg): 911, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.