Servings: 4 Prep 20 mins Cook 1 hr
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons beef broth
- 3 whole cloves
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 2 tablespoons light-brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) shredded red cabbage
- 1 pound kielbasa, cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 1 Granny Smith apple, peeled, cored and sliced
1. Heat oil in 5-quart Dutch oven. Add onion; saute 4 minutes or until tender. Add broth, cloves, bay leaf and caraway seeds. Bring to boiling. Reduce heat to low; simmer, uncovered, 15 minutes.
2. Stir in brown sugar, vinegar and salt until sugar dissolves.
3. Add half of cabbage. In order, top with kielbasa, apple and remaining cabbage. Cover; simmer 30 minutes or until cabbage is tender.
4. Uncover; cook 10 minutes or until most of liquid has evaporated. Remove bay leaf.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 448, Fat, total (g): 35, chol. (mg): 76, carb. (g): 18, pro. (g): 17, sodium (mg): 1551, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.