Servings: 10 Prep 15 mins Bake 425°F 45 mins Bake 350°F 1 hr 30 mins Cook 20 mins Grill 1 hr 45 mins
- 2 racks cracked spare ribs (about 7 pounds)
- 1 jar (14 ounces) ketchup
- 1/2 cup apricot or peach preserves
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon hot-pepper sauce
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
Make It To bake:
1. Heat oven to 425 degrees F. Place ribs on 2 foil-lined baking sheets with sides.
2. Bake, uncovered, in 425 degree F oven for 45 minutes. Pour off juices. Meanwhile, prepare Sauce:
3. Stir together ketchup, preserves, orange juice, lemon juice, soy sauce, hot sauce, paprika and chili powder in saucepan. Simmer, stirring occasionally, 20 minutes. Save half to serve with ribs.
4. Reduce oven to 350 degrees F. Cover ribs; bake another 1-1/2 hours or until tender. During the last 30 minutes, cook, uncovered, brushing the ribs with half of the sauce every 10 minutes. Serve with reserved sauce for dipping. Makes 10 servings.
Tip To grill over indirect heat:
- Bake ribs through Step 2. Meanwhile, prepare gas grill: Turn half of grill on high, leave remaining half of grill off. Place ribs on grill over section that is off. Cook, covered, 45 minutes. Turn ribs and cook 30 minutes or until just tender. Turn again; cook 30 minutes, brushing ribs with sauce every 10 minutes. Serve with reserved sauce for dipping.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 10; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 686, Fat, total (g): 46, chol. (mg): 181, sat. fat (g): 17, carb. (g): 24, pro. (g): 45, sodium (mg): 839, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.