Servings: 4 Prep 10 mins Cook 8 mins Bake 425°F 10 mins
- 4 pork chops (10 ounces each), about 1 inch thick
- 2 teaspoons Jamaican spice rub OR: Cajun spice mix
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 2 cups chopped fresh or canned pineapple
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
1. Place chops on waxed paper. Combine spice rub and salt in small dish. Reserve 3/4 teaspoon for salsa. Rub remaining spice over chops.
2. Heat ovenproof skillet over medium heat. Coat pan with nonstick cooking spray. Add chops; cook 4 minutes, until browned, turning once.
3. Place in 425 degree F oven; bake 10 minutes, until no longer pink. Meanwhile, prepare salsa:
4. Rinse onion in sieve under running water; drain well. Combine onion, pineapple, parsley, lime juice and reserved spice mixture in bowl. Serve with pork. Makes 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 369, Fat, total (g): 20, chol. (mg): 113, sat. fat (g): 7, carb. (g): 14, pro. (g): 39, sodium (mg): 498, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.