Servings: 6 Prep 10 mins Bake 475°F 8 mins Cook 7 mins
- 1 12 ounce package regular size pita bread (6 per package)
- 1 small red onion, peeled and thinly sliced (about 1 cup)
- 4 ounces cremini or white mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
- 1 8 ounce package diced ham
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- Pinch each salt and pepper
- 1 14 ounce jar pizza sauce
- 1 1/2 cups shredded 50 percent less fat jalapeno cheddar cheese
1. Heat oven to 475 degrees F. Place pita rounds directly on an upper oven rack and toast 4 minutes. Use tongs to remove and transfer to 1 large or 2 medium-size baking sheets.
2. Meanwhile, coat a nonstick medium-size skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium heat. Add onion and mushrooms; cook for 5 minutes. Add ham, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper. Cook 2 minutes; remove from heat.
3. Spread each toasted pita round with 1/4 cup pizza sauce. Top each with 1/3 cup onion-mushroom mixture and 1/4 cup shredded cheese. Return pitas to 475 degree F oven; bake 4 more minutes. Makes 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 324, Fat, total (g): 8, chol. (mg): 20, sat. fat (g): 5, carb. (g): 41, fiber (g): 2, pro. (g): 22, sodium (mg): 1242, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.