Aioli, the garlicky mayonnaise from Provence, serves as a tasty dipping sauce for these ham-and-potato appetizers. The pink color comes from roasted red peppers.
1. Prepare outdoor grill with hot coals, heat gas grill to hot, or heat broiler. Soak bamboo skewers in warm water while preparing food.
2. Place potatoes in medium-size saucepan with enough water to cover. Bring to boiling; cook 7 minutes or until barely tender. Drain; rinse. Let cool so pieces do not split while threading skewers.Prepare Aioli:
3. Combine garlic, mayonnaise, olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper in food processor or blender. Chop about 3 tablespoons of roasted peppers and add to blender. Puree until smooth and blended.
4. Once potatoes have cooled, remove skewers from soaking liquid. Thread each with 1 ham cube. Slice remaining peppers into 1-inch pieces. Thread onto skewers, followed by potato. (Skewers may be prepared up to this point and refrigerated.)
5. Grill or broil for 3 minutes, turning once. Serve skewers with pink aioli sauce.