Servings: 8 Prep 15 mins Bake 375°F 40 mins Cook 3 mins
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 1 rib of celery, chopped
- 1 small sweet green pepper, cored, seeded and chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 6 eggs
- 1 20 ounce can crushed pineapple in syrup
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 6 ounce loaf Italian bread, cut into 1/2-inch cubes (6 cups)
- 1 pound piece boiled ham, cut into 1/2-inch cubes (2-3/4 cups)
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Heat butter in large nonstick skillet with ovenproof handle. Add carrot, celery, pepper, onion; saute 3 minutes or until slightly softened. Remove from heat.
3. Stir together eggs, pineapple with its syrup, milk and mustard in large bowl until blended. Stir in bread, ham, cheese and cooked vegetables. Pour into skillet; use spatula to level off top.
4. Bake in 375 degrees F oven 40 minutes or until set and golden.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 8; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 412, Fat, total (g): 22, chol. (mg): 220, sat. fat (g): 10, carb. (g): 30, fiber (g): 2, pro. (g): 23, sodium (mg): 1059, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.