Servings: 6 Prep 15 mins Cook 25 mins Grill 8 mins
- 4 1/4 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 boxes (6 ounces each) long-grain and wild rice mix
- 6 boneless pork chops (4 or 5 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons whole-grain mustard
- Pinch salt
- Pinch black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 can (about 15 ounces) kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 10 ounces frozen corn, thawed
- 3 green onions, sliced
1. Bring 4-1/4 cups water, salt and oil in saucepan to boiling. Add rice, and only one of the seasoning packets. Cover; simmer 25 minutes. (Can be made ahead to this point.)
2. Meanwhile, prepare grill or heat broiler. Season pork with remaining seasoning packet from rice. Prepare dressing:
3. Whisk vinegar, Worcestershire, lemon juice, mustard, salt, pepper and oil.
4. Grill or broil pork 5 inches from heat 4 minutes per side until cooked.
5. Remove cooked rice from heat; let cool. In large serving bowl, mix rice, beans, corn and green onion. Sprinkle with dressing, one-quarter at a time, tossing to coat the rice thoroughly. (Can be made a day ahead and refrigerated.) Serve with pork.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 538, Fat, total (g): 19, chol. (mg): 74, sat. fat (g): 5, carb. (g): 63, pro. (g): 35, sodium (mg): 1000, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.