Servings: 8 Prep 30 mins Cook 20 mins
- 8 slices thick-cut bacon
- 1 large onion, chopped (1 cup)
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar or distilled white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 packages (9 ounces each) frozen whole green beans, cooked, drained and reserved
1. Cook bacon in large skillet over medium heat until brown and crisp. Remove from skillet to paper toweling to drain. Pour off all but 1 tablespoon drippings.
2. Add the onion to the skillet; saute for 3 to 5 minutes or until tender. Crumble the bacon; add to the skillet along with the vinegar, sugar and pepper. Cook, stirring, until sugar is dissolved and mixture is hot and bubbly. Add cooked beans; toss to coat and heat through. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 8; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 87, Fat, total (g): 3, chol. (mg): 5, carb. (g): 12, pro. (g): 4, sodium (mg): 109, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.