Servings: 6 Prep 15 mins Cook 1 hr
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup diced carrot
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1 cup diced smoked ham or turkey (4-ounce piece)
- 4 cups water
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups green split peas, rinsed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
1. Heat oil in large, heavy saucepan over medium heat. Add onion, carrot and celery; cook, stirring occasionally, 8 to 10 minutes or until softened. Add ham; cook, stirring, until heated through, 2 to 3 minutes.
2. Add water, broth, split peas, rosemary, thyme, bay leaf and pepper to onion. Simmer 50 minutes or until peas are tender. Remove bay leaf from soup before serving.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 262, Fat, total (g): 8, chol. (mg): 11, carb. (g): 34, pro. (g): 17, sodium (mg): 626, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.