Servings: 6 Prep 10 mins Cook 15 mins
- 3/4 pound Italian chicken sausage, casings removed
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 pound rigatoni
- 3/4 cup fat-free chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon red-pepper flakes
- 1 head broccoli (2-1/2 pounds), cut into flowerets (8 cups)
- 1 tablespoon garlic olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan
1. Bring large pot of lightly salted water to boiling.
2. Crumble sausage into nonstick skillet with garlic; saute 5 minutes.
3. Add rigatoni to boiling water. Cook until al dente, tender yet firm.
4. Add broth, flakes and broccoli to skillet. Cover; cook 5 minutes. Uncover; add oil, juice, salt, pepper and Parmesan. Remove from heat.
5. Drain pasta; put in bowl. Toss with sauce. Cover; let sit 2 minutes. Makes 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 417, Fat, total (g): 9, chol. (mg): 46, sat. fat (g): 2, carb. (g): 62, fiber (g): 9, pro. (g): 25, sodium (mg): 679, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.