Servings: 8 Prep 20 mins Cook 10 hrs to 11 hrs (low) or 5-6 hours (high)
- 2 15 ounce cans garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 medium carrots, halved lengthwise then sliced crosswise 1/4 inch thick (1 cup)
- 2 ribs celery, halved lengthwise, then sliced crosswise 1/4 inch thick (1 cup)
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped (1 cup)
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cored, seeded and diced (1 cup)
- 1 medium sweet green pepper, cored, seeded and diced (1 cup)
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1 pound package Polish kielbasa, cut into cubes
- 2 1/2 cups beef broth
- 1 6 ounce can tomato paste
- 1 8 ounce container prepared hummus
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
1. Spread beans over the bottom of a 5- to 5-1/2-quart slow-cooker. Layer the carrots, celery, onion and sweet red and green peppers on top of the beans. Sprinkle evenly with the thyme, basil and black pepper. Place the cubed kielbasa evenly over the top of the vegetables. Pour the beef broth over all the ingredients.
2. Cover pot; cook on HIGH for 5 to 6 hours, or on LOW for 10 to 11 hours, until vegetables are tender.
3. Stir the tomato paste, hummus and salt into the liquid in the slow-cooker. Cover the pot; cook on high for 10 to 15 or until the stew is heated through.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 8; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 369, Fat, total (g): 20, chol. (mg): 38, sat. fat (g): 6, carb. (g): 31, fiber (g): 8, pro. (g): 18, sodium (mg): 1532, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.