Servings: 6 Prep 20 mins Cook 35 mins
- 3 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 4 cups fresh corn kernels
- 2 large potatoes, peeled, diced
- 1 celery rib, diced
- 2 cans (13.5 ounces each) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 4 ounces Virginia ham, cut into 1 x 1/4-inch strips
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1. Saute bacon in large saucepan over medium-low heat 4 minutes. Add onion; cook 4 minutes; do not brown.
2. Add 3 cups corn kernels, potatoes, celery, broth and water. Simmer 25 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
3. Transfer 3 cups of mixture to food processor or blender. Whirl until pureed. Pour back into saucepan.
4. Add milk, remaining corn, ham, salt and pepper. Gently heat through.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 297, Fat, total (g): 9, chol. (mg): 25, carb. (g): 44, pro. (g): 15, sodium (mg): 914, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.