Servings: 6 Prep 10 mins Bake 350°F 40 mins to 45 mins Cook 15 mins
- 1 tablespoon garlic-flavored olive oil
- 1 large red onion, chopped
- 1 large sweet green pepper, cored, seeded and chopped
- 4 hot or sweet Italian sausages (12 ounces total), partially frozen
- 1 1/2 cups arborio rice
- 2 cups chicken broth, boiling
- 1 cup jarred spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Heat oil In large nonstick skillet. Add onion and pepper; saute about 5 minutes or until just tender.
3. Cut sausage in 1/2-inch slices.
4. With slotted spoon, remove vegetables from skillet to shallow 2-quart baking dish.
5. Add sausages to skillet; saute 8 to 10 minutes or until browned. With slotted spoon, remove sausages to baking dish. Add rice, broth and spaghetti sauce; stir to combine. Add half the cheese; stir. Cover with foil.
6. Bake in 350 degrees F oven 30 to 35 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Uncover; stir. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, 10 minutes.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 395, Fat, total (g): 16, chol. (mg): 33, sat. fat (g): 5, carb. (g): 16, fiber (g): 2, pro. (g): 15, sodium (mg): 998, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.