1. Heat oil in 8-quart pot. Add onion and garlic; cook, stirring occasionally, over medium heat for 5 to 7 minutes or until the onion is softened.
2. Stir in rice; cook 2 minutes.
3. Add wine; cook 1 minute. Add broth. Bring to boiling. Cover; reduce heat to low; cook 20 minutes.
4. Stir in salt, cayenne, corn, ham and cheese. Cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, for 2 minutes. Garnish with parsley and serve.Pressure-Cooker Variation:
5. 1. Read cooker manufacturers directions before beginning.
6. 2. Heat oil in cooker without top over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; cook 6 minutes. Add rice and wine; cook as in Steps 2, 3 above.
7. 3. Add broth. Place lid on top of pot; lock. Place on medium-high heat. Once cooker has reached pressure, lower heat and begin timing; cook 7 minutes. Remove from heat; release pressure. Cool pot; remove lid. Add salt, cayenne, corn, ham and cheese. Let stand, stirring, to heat through, 2 minutes. Garnish with parsley.