Servings: 4 Prep 20 mins Cook 20 mins
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red-pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 pound green beans, cut into 2-inch lengths
- 1/2 pound lean ground pork
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh ginger
- 1/2 can sliced water chestnuts, drained
1. Combine broth, soy, sherry, cornstarch, sugar and pepper flakes.
2. Heat wok or large skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil; swirl to coat pan. Add beans; stir-fry 4 minutes or until beans are spotted black.
3. Add pork; stir-fry 2 minutes, breaking up meat. Add garlic and ginger; stir-fry 1 minute longer.
4. Add broth mixture. Cover and cook 5 minutes. Uncover; stir in water chestnuts and cook over high heat for 5 to 8 minutes or until mixture is practically dry. Serve at once.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 231, Fat, total (g): 12, chol. (mg): , carb. (g): 19, pro. (g): 12, sodium (mg): 730, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.