Servings: 4 Prep 20 mins Cook 3 mins to 4 mins
- 2/3 cup small-curd cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup bottled, pitted green olives, chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive brine
- 1/4 pound thinly sliced Canadian bacon
- 12 slices toast
- 1 tomato, thinly sliced
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 4 eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
1. Combine cottage cheese, olives and brine.
2. Arrange bacon on 4 toast slices. Spread cheese mixture on 4 other slices; top with tomato and lettuce. Prepare Egg Mixture:
3. Beat eggs, egg whites, water, salt, pepper and parsley in bowl. Heat butter in nonstick skillet over low heat. Add egg mixture; cook, stirring, until soft curds form, 3 to 4 minutes.
4. Spoon egg mixture over bacon on toast slices. Top with cheese-tomato slices. Cover with remaining 4 plain toast slices. Quarter sandwiches.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 428, Fat, total (g): 15, chol. (mg): 237, carb. (g): 48, pro. (g): 30, sodium (mg): 1356, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.