Servings: 6 Prep 15 mins Bake 350°F 25 mins to 30 mins Cook 15 mins
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 pounds pork shoulder, trimmed and cut into 2-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 3 large carrots, peeled, halved lengthwise, and cut into 1-inch-thick half moons
- 1 medium onion, cut into large dice
- 1 can (13.5 ounces) coconut milk
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) chicken broth
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- 1 can (19 ounces) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 box box (10 ounces) frozen chopped kale or spinach
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Heat oil in large deep ovenproof pot over medium-high heat. Brown meat in 2 batches, about 3 minutes per batch. Return meat to pot. Add curry powder, carrots and onion; cook, 5 minutes. Add coconut milk, chicken broth, water and salt. Bring to a boil. Stir in rice, chickpeas and kale. Cover.
2. Bake in 350 degrees F oven 25 to 30 minutes, until rice is tender. Let stand, covered, 5 minutes.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 717, Fat, total (g): 36, chol. (mg): 94, sat. fat (g): 18, carb. (g): 65, fiber (g): 6, pro. (g): 37, sodium (mg): 982, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.