Servings: 4 Prep 20 mins Cook 45 mins
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 lean boneless pork chops (about 1-1/4 pounds)
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 3/4 cups water
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup brown rice
- 1/3 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/4 cup apricot jam
- 1 firm pear, peeled, cored and finely chopped
- Sliced green onion (optional)
1. Heat oil in large nonstick skillet. Add pork; brown on both sides, about 6 minutes. Stir in curry; cook 30 seconds. Add water, vinegar, rice, apricots and salt. Bring to boiling. Lower heat; cover and cook 30 to 35 minutes or until rice is tender.
2. Push pork to side of skillet. Stir orange juice, apricot jam and pear into rice. Spread chops over the top of the rice in the skillet. Cook, uncovered, for another 5 minutes or until heated through. Garnish with sliced green onion if desired.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 547, Fat, total (g): 20, chol. (mg): 75, carb. (g): 65, pro. (g): 28, sodium (mg): 738, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.