Servings: 6 Prep 10 mins Cook 10 mins
- 1 pound fettuccine
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups skim milk
- 1/2 cup lower-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups frozen peas, thawed
- 3 ounces diced Canadian bacon (1/2 cup)
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain.
2. Meanwhile, in large saucepan, mix flour, salt, pepper and nutmeg. Whisk in milk and chicken broth; cook over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, until mixture boils and thickens, about 6 minutes.
3. Stir in fettuccine, peas, bacon, Parmesan and basil. Heat through.