Servings: 10 Prep 10 mins Cook 1 hr
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 boneless pork shoulder (1-1/2 pounds), cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 cups sliced onions
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 green cabbage (about 2 pounds), sliced (about 8 cups)
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 4 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) stewed tomatoes
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon caraway seeds, crushed
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 pounds all-purpose potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1. Heat oil in large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Working in batches, add pork; cook until browned on all sides. Transfer meat to plate.
2. Add onion and water to pot; cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Return pork to pot. Add cabbage, broth, tomatoes, vinegar, caraway seeds, salt and sugar. Bring to boiling. Reduce heat to low, partially cover and simmer 30 minutes. Add potatoes; cook 15 minutes, until potatoes are fork-tender.
3. Stir water and flour in small bowl until smooth. Stir into simmering stew. Cook until thickened, about 5 minutes.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 10; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 265, Fat, total (g): 10, chol. (mg): 53, sat. fat (g): 3, carb. (g): 27, pro. (g): 18, sodium (mg): 994, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.