The slow cooker makes this creamy corn soup a breeze to prepare. Serve this recipe with a generous amount of crumbled bacon.
1. Place oil in a 4- to 6-quart stovetop-safe slow-cooker bowl over medium-high heat on stovetop. Cook carrot, celery and onion for 7 minutes or until softened.
2. Transfer to slow-cooker base and add potatoes to bowl. Pour broth over top and add bay leaf, dried thyme and paprika. Cover and cook on HIGH for 1-1/2 hours or LOW for 3 hours, or until potatoes are cooked through.
3. Stir in corn and milk; cover and cook for 1 hour or until heated through.
4. In a small bowl, stir together cornstarch and wine and whisk into soup; cook an additional 10 minutes. Stir in fresh thyme and salt.
5. Using a potato masher, gently mash the soup until slightly thickened. Sprinkle each serving with a generous 1/2 tablespoon crumbled bacon and serve immediately.