Servings: 8 Prep 10 mins Cook 1 hr 15 mins
- 3 bags (1 pound each) refrigerated sauerkraut, well drained
- 1 1/2 pounds small red potatoes, scrubbed and halved
- 6 medium carrots, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch diagonal slices
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely cracked pepper
- 2 smoked pork chops (about 3/4 pound total)
- 2 regular pork chops (about 3/4 pound total)
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 pound smoked sausage, such as knockwurst or kielbasa, sliced
- Salt, to taste (optional)
1. Combine sauerkraut, potatoes, carrots and pepper in large flameproof casserole or Dutch oven.
2. Arrange pork chops over sauerkraut. Add wine. Cover tightly. Bring to a simmer. Cook gently about 1 hour or until potatoes are tender.
3. Add sausage. Cook 15 minutes or until sausage is heated through. Add salt to taste if desired.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 8; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 416, Fat, total (g): 25, chol. (mg): 68, sat. fat (g): 9, carb. (g): 17, fiber (g): 3, pro. (g): 22, sodium (mg): 1858, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.