Servings: 4 Prep 15 mins Cook 1 hr 30 mins Broil 15 mins
- 4 fresh poblano peppers
- 5 small tomatillos, peeled and quartered
- 1 cup chopped green onion
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 4 ounce can mild green chilies, drained
- 2 jalapeno peppers, halved, seeded and chopped
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 pork butt (about 2 pounds), trimmed, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 13 3/4 ounce can chicken broth
- Cilantro sprigs, for garnish
1. Broil poblano peppers, turning, until blackened, 15 minutes. Place in bag; close; let stand 15 minutes. Core, seed, peel and coarsely chop.
2. Puree roasted peppers, tomatillos, onion, cilantro, chilies and jalapeno into processor or blender.
3. Heat oil in Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Working in batches, saute pork until browned, about 10 minutes; transfer to plate.
4. Add onion and garlic to pot; cook until tender, 8 minutes. Stir in cumin, sugar and salt; cook 1 minute. Return meat to pot. Stir in roasted pepper mixture and broth. Cover; cook at hard simmer until meat is tender, 1 hour. Uncover last 15 minutes if chili needs thickening. Garnish with cilantro sprigs.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 435, Fat, total (g): 10, chol. (mg): 90, sat. fat (g): 1, carb. (g): 16, pro. (g): 48, sodium (mg): 958, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.