1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Remove skin and trim excess fat from shank, leaving a thin covering of fat. Place pork fat-side up on rack in large foil-lined roasting pan. Score fat with parallel lines.
2. In blender, combine cilantro, jalapeno, garlic, oil, and water. Puree 30 seconds. Add remaining ingredients and blend.
3. Spread paste over entire shank. Roast in the oven about 3 hours.
4. In small bowl, combine honey and lime juice. Brush onto ham, then continue cooking 30 minutes longer, or until meat thermometer reaches 160 degrees F to 170 degrees F. If pork begins to brown too soon, cover loosely with foil.
5. Transfer ham to large serving platter. Let stand 30 minutes.