Servings: 4 Prep 10 mins Cook 10 mins
- 12 ounces elbow macaroni
- 1 small bunch broccoli, cut into bite-size pieces (2 cups)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium-size onion, chopped
- 6 ounces smoked ham, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese (8 ounces)
1. Cook macaroni in large pot of boiling water. Stir in broccoli 2 minutes before end of cooking.
2. Meanwhile, heat oil in large, deep, nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and ham; cook, stirring, until onion has softened, about 2 minutes. Add garlic; season with salt and pepper.
3. Drain pasta and broccoli, reserving 1/4 cup water; toss in bowl with ham mixture and Cheddar. Add 3 tablespoons water, more if needed.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 672, Fat, total (g): 29, chol. (mg): 81, sat. fat (g): 14, carb. (g): 69, pro. (g): 34, sodium (mg): 1172, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.