Broccoli rabe has a slightly bitter yet delicious taste that blends beautifully with spicy Italian sausage in this pasta recipe.
1. Bring large pot of salted water to a boil. Add broccoli rabe; simmer 5 minutes. Using a skimmer, remove broccoli rabe and set aside. Return water to a boil.
2. Cook cavatelli following package directions. Drain.
3. Meanwhile, heat olive oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add sausage and onion; cook 5 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking up sausage with wooden spoon. Add garlic and cooked broccoli rabe; cook 5 minutes.
4. Add chicken broth, salt and pepper. Bring to a simmer. Add parsley. Remove from heat.
5. Pour sausage mixture over cooked pasta. Sprinkle with cheese. Serve.