Servings: 6 Prep 10 mins Cook 15 mins
- 1 medium-size onion, chopped
- 3 strips bacon, chopped
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan
- 1 box (10 ounces) frozen peas, thawed
- 1 pound cavatappi (elbow corkscrews)
1. Cook onion and bacon in medium-size saucepan over medium-high heat for 8 minutes. Add heavy cream, salt and pepper; simmer, uncovered, for 7 minutes. Stir in Parmesan cheese and peas; cook for 3 minutes or until mixture thickens.
2. Meanwhile, cook cavatappi in a large pot of lightly salted boiling water until al dente, firm but tender. Drain well. Toss cavatappi with sauce in large bowl and let stand for 1 minute for pasta to absorb sauce. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 698, Fat, total (g): 39, chol. (mg): 127, sat. fat (g): 23, carb. (g): 65, fiber (g): 5, pro. (g): 21, sodium (mg): 1053, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.