Servings: 8 Prep 20 mins Cook 30 mins
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 1/2 cups Arborio rice
- 1 butternut squash (2 pounds), peeled, diced, cut in 1/2-inch pieces
- 5 cups hot chicken broth
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 5 tablespoons grated Parmesan
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed dried rosemary
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 6 ounce piece prosciutto or ham, diced
1. Heat oil and butter in large nonstick pot. Add onion; cook, stirring, until softened, 5 minutes. Add rice and squash; cook 5 minutes.
2. Add 1 cup of the hot broth. Cook, stirring, until broth has been absorbed, 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in wine; cook, stirring occasionally, until liquid is absorbed. Repeat with remaining broth, 1 cup at a time. After about 20 minutes, rice should be firm, yet tender, with a creamy sauce.
3. Stir in cheese, parsley, rosemary, pepper and prosciutto. Serve at once.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 8; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 326, Fat, total (g): 14, chol. (mg): 10, sat. fat (g): 3, carb. (g): 40, fiber (g): 4, pro. (g): 11, sodium (mg): 1080, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.