Servings: 4 Prep 10 mins Bake 50 mins Cook 350°F 35 mins
- 2 1/2 pounds butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 3 onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 apples, peeled, cored and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 pound boiled ham, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 1/3 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons cold butter, cut into small bits
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease 12 x 8 x 2-inch casserole.
2. Cook squash in large pot boiling water until tender, 10 minutes. Drain.
3. Saute onion in oil in large saucepan 8 to 10 minutes until pale golden. Add apple; cook 4 minutes. Stir in flour. Add squash, ham, cheese, salt, pepper and nutmeg. Pour into prepared casserole. Top with bread crumbs and parsley.
4. Bake, covered, in 350 degrees F oven for 40 minutes. Uncover; dot with butter. Bake 10 minutes until browned.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 568, Fat, total (g): 27, chol. (mg): 86, carb. (g): 57, pro. (g): 30, sodium (mg): 1723, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.